There’s nothing like a fun girls night, but the older I get, the more I want to hang out without all the hustle, bustle and coordination of going out. If you’re feeling the same way, I have the perfect solution for your next girls night in – fun and easy games that everyone will enjoy! In this article, I’ll share games that you and your besties can play that are sure to bring lots of laughter and memories during your girls night in.
Girls Night Goals
Girls night is all about letting loose and having fun with your besties. But sometimes, planning a girls night can feel like just another task on your to-do list. That’s why it’s important to establish some goals for your girls night before diving into the games.
Now, when I plan a night with my besties, here’s what I am for:
- Laughing until our stomachs hurt
- Learning something new about each other
- Creating inside jokes and unforgettable memories
- Feeling relaxed and recharged by the end of the night
With these goals in mind, let’s dive into some fun game ideas for your next girls night in!
Girls Night Games
AFFILIATE DISCLAIMER: SOME OF THESE RESOURCES MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. IF YOU USE THESE LINKS TO BUY SOMETHING, WE MAY EARN A COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU.
#7 What Do You Meme
This game is like Cards Against Humanity but with memes. Each player takes turns being the judge and selecting the funniest meme card to go along with a caption. The person with the most winning memes at the end of the game wins. Get ready for some hilarious combinations and plenty of laughs.
#6 Never Have I Ever
This is a classic game that works best with close friends. The game is simple, each person starts by saying something they have never done before if any other player has done that, they take a drink. This game is a great way to learn more about your friends, and maybe even learn a few things you didn’t know before.
#5 Name that Tune
This game requires a bit of preparation, but it is worth it. Create a playlist of songs from your high school or college days and play a 10-second clip of each song. The first person to correctly name the song gets a point. This game is a great way to reminisce and get a little nostalgic with your friends.
#4 Two Truths and a Lie
This classic game is perfect for learning more about your friends while also having some laughs. Each person takes turns telling three statements about themselves – two truths and one lie. The group then has to guess which statement is the lie. This game can lead to some interesting revelations and surprising facts about your friends.
#3 Truth or Dare Jenga
This is a fun twist on the classic game of Jenga. Simply write different truth or dare challenges on each block of Jenga and play as usual. The catch is that whoever pulls out a block has to complete the challenge written on it! This game guarantees lots of laughter and can even bring some hidden talents and secrets to light.
#2 Would You Rather
This game is simple but always entertaining. One person presents two options and everyone else has to choose which option they would rather do. This game can lead to some interesting discussions and debates, making it a great way to get to know your friends on a deeper level.
#1 Back Yard Olympics
Get competitive with your friends by hosting a backyard Olympics! Set up different stations with fun challenges such as a water balloon toss, an egg and spoon race, or a three-legged race. Keep track of points and award medals for the winners. This is a great way to have some active fun while also bonding with your friends.
Things to Have On Hand
Throughout your girls night in, be sure to have the following things on hand to create the perfect ambiance:
- Snacks: No girls night is complete without some delicious treats. Have a variety of snacks and drinks available for everyone to enjoy. My picks: are chocolate-covered strawberries, popcorn, and finger foods.
- Drinks: Whether you prefer wine, cocktails, or mocktails, having a few drink options available will make the night more fun and enjoyable. Don’t forget to have some non-alcoholic options for those who don’t drink.
- Music: If you and your friends are close in age, create a playlist (aka “mix tape”) with popular music from your teenage years. If there is a significant age gap, have each person create a playlist with their favorite songs and take turns listening to them throughout the night.
- Cozy blankets and pillows: Create a comfortable and cozy atmosphere by providing plenty of blankets and pillows for everyone to use.
- String lights: These twinkling lights add a magical touch to any space. Hang them up around the room or drape them over furniture for some added ambiance.
- Candles: Set the mood and fill the room with your favorite scents by lighting candles. Opt for calming scents like lavender or vanilla to create a relaxing atmosphere.
- Prizes: Make things more fun by having some small prizes for winning games or challenges. These could be anything from chocolates, face masks, or even a girl’s night trophy. Get creative and have fun with it!
Things to Do Between Games
During breaks between games, keep the energy and conversation going by trying out some of these activities:
- Karaoke: Have a karaoke machine or use a karaoke app on your phone to sing along to your favorite songs.
- Take Pictures: Create a DIY photo booth or use cute props and take pictures with your friends. These memories will be cherished for years to come.
- Have a Dance-off: Put on some upbeat music and have a dance competition. The winner gets to pick the next game or activity.
- Make Cocktails: Have fun experimenting with different drink recipes and ingredients to create your own signature mocktail or cocktail.
- Create vision boards: Use magazines, scissors, and glue to create vision boards for your future goals and dreams. This can be a fun and inspiring activity to do together.
- Outdoor activities: If the weather permits, take your girls night outside for some fresh air. You can go for a walk, have a picnic, or even stargaze while sharing stories and laughter.
No matter what activities you choose, the most important thing is to have fun and enjoy each other’s company.
Girls nights are a time to relax, let loose, and strengthen friendships. So don’t worry about being perfect or having everything planned out – just go with the flow and make some unforgettable memories!
And remember, girls night isn’t just about one night – it’s about building and maintaining strong relationships with the amazing women in your life. So keep these activities in mind for future gatherings and make girls night a regular occurrence.